Last updated: May 9, 2023
Welcome to EKOS! We are a networking and engagement platform for professionals and businesses.
EKOS Global, INC. ("EKOS") provides an AI powered networking and engagement platform that enables professionals and businesses to connect, engage and learn from each other (the "Platform"). We want the Platform to be a safe, respectful and useful environment. These Community Rules apply to all users of the Platform and set out the standards that apply when you host or attend an event, share or post content, connect with others, or interact with the Platform in any other way.
As an EKOS user, you agree that you will uphold these Community Rules and are responsible for your use of the Platform and the content you share and post.
This is your community. Together, we can keep it safe, respectful and useful.
2. Your responsibilities
When you use the Platform, please:
- Be kind, respectful and courteous to others.
- Ensure this a safe and welcoming space for people from all backgrounds, identities and beliefs including on the basis of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race or religion.
- Be transparent and honest about your identity, intentions and behavior in the community.
- Ensure that any statement and contributions you share with the community are accurate (where you are stating facts) or genuinely held (where you are stating opinions).
- Cite the source of any content that your share or post if it isn't something that you created.
- Keep conversations relevant and constructive and do not take conversations off topic. If you see a thread covering the topic that you would like to comment on, post your comment within that thread rather than creating a new one. Similarly, if you're responding to a comment from another user address your response to the user that posted the comment rather than other users.
- Be careful with your personal information. If you share or post your email address, it may be used by others in the community. Also don't post information that others could use to harm you or steal your identity, like your street address, social security number or your credit card number.
- Report any issues to us. You can find "Report abuse" links in [every event, post and user profile].
- EKOS is not responsible for your behavior on the Platform or for the content that you create, share or post on the Platform. You have decided to participate in the Platform voluntarily and you are solely responsible for your behavior and interactions with other users, including for the information or content that you choose to create, receive, share or post through the Platform.
3. Prohibited activities
You may only use the Platform for lawful purposes. You must not use the Platform:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international laws.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent.
- To bully, insult, harass, stalk, intimidate, humiliate, victimize or discriminate against any person or incite others to do so.
- To share or post content or links to content that is illegal or violates any applicable local, national or international laws.
- To post or send spam, pyramid schemes, affiliate marketing or any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation.
- To impersonate any other person (including another user or an employee or agent of EKOS) or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- To attempt to scrape or harvest personal information, including the profile information of users for your own commercial purposes.
- To share or post any private or sensitive information, such as passwords, account information, credit card numbers, addresses, or other contact information without that person's knowledge and willing consent.
- To knowingly send or upload any data that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To offer to make international money transfers with the intent to request a refund of any portion of the payment.
You must only share or post content that complies with applicable law. You must not share or post content that:
- Is defamatory of any person.
- Promotes violence or is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Includes nudity or sexually explicit material, including child sexual abuse material.
- Infringes any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Breaches any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Give the impression that the content was created by or emanates from EKOS, if this is not the case.
- Includes chain letters.
- Advocates, promotes or incites any party to commit or assist with any unlawful or criminal act.
4. Reporting issues
We will do our best to moderate events on the Platform and content that is posted or shared. But we encourage you, as members of the EKOS community, to also report anything that you think breaches our Community Rules. We encourage you not to respond directly to inappropriate behavior, as this may encourage bad behavior. Instead, please report issues to us. You can find "Report abuse" links in [every event, post and user profile].
Please note that events and content are not previewed by our moderators and we take no responsibility for anything posted to EKOS by the community.
5. Breach of these Community Rules
We expect you to comply with these Community Rules in spirit as well as to the letter.
We also reserve the right to permanently ban users from our community and to take further legal action against for reimbursement of costs resulting from the breach. We may also share information with law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
6. Updates to the Community Rules
We may update these Community Rules from time to time. We will take appropriate steps to notify you of any material changes to these Community Rules. However, we encourage you to review them from time to time to ensure you are in compliance.
You acknowledge that you are participating in the EKOS community voluntarily and that you may leave the community at any time. EKOS is not obligated to provide, and you have no expectation of receiving, any compensation for your voluntary participation in the community or for your submissions or contributions. Nothing related to your participation will be construed as creating an employer-employee relationship, a partnership, joint venture, association, or agency relationship with EKOS, or as a limitation upon our right to limit or terminate your access to the Platform.